JOB TITLE: PUB MANAGER
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
THIS IS A SALARY, FULL-TIME POSITION WITH BENEFITS.
The Bristol Pub Manager directs and leads the vision and operation of The Bristol Pub. Additionally, through your responsibilities overseeing the Pub Staff and the daily operations of the Bristol Pub, you will build a quality guest experience through authentic hospitality. Your passion for craft beer and personal service will enrich our guests’ connection with our brewery. Through a united effort across the Ivywild School, your role contributes to a delightful atmosphere for teammates and customers alike.
- Directs and leads the vision and operation of the Bristol Pub.
- Utilizes the Brewhouse’s Beer Release Timeline to write the annual Pub Plan in collaboration with the annual Sales and Marketing Plans.
- Schedules weekly Bristol Pub staffing calendars, maximizing labor efficiency by avoiding scheduling overtime.
- Hires Shift Leads and Pub Staff as needed, following Bristol Brewing hiring practices.
- Oversees and supports the onboarding and development of Pub Shift Leads and new Pub Staff.
- Determines guidelines for managers-on-duty when dealing with customer complaints.
- Tracks and responds to online customer reviews and complaints.
- Curates live music in the Pub by booking musicians and facilitating their payment personally or through other management-on-duty.
- Directs and leads the vision and execution of the Bristol Pub, Dry Goods Store, and Tours, in collaboration with the President.
- Directs the product life-cycle of Dry Goods retail items from design (with collaboration from the marketing team) to pricing and inventory, to sales, to removal from inventory for promotional use.
- Orders non-alcoholic drinks, condiments, linens, and other supplemental items as needed, including necessary soda purchases from Costco.
- Orders bar chemicals as needed.
- Executes monthly inventory counts.
- Communicates across Bristol departments and across the Ivywild School entities to collaborate on Bristol Pub projects.
- Facilitates line cleaning and preparations for new beer flavors to be tapped.
- Coordinates with Bristol’s Brewhouse to ensure Chief Root Beer stays in stock and on tap.
- Coordinates with Bristol’s Sales Team as needed to facilitate visits to the Pub from wholesale accounts.
- Coordinates with Marketing team as needed to facilitate community events like Karma Hours or radio remotes in the Pub.
- Collaborates with Ivywild School management and leadership of all Ivywild entities at weekly meetings to share sales report and discuss building-wide efforts and challenges.
- Collaborates across departments to accomplish successful beer releases and events at brewery planning meetings.
- Responsible for creating agendas for monthly Pub Staff Meetings and leading them.
- Leads a monthly Pub Managers meeting for the Shift Leads prior to the monthly Pub Staff Meetings.
- Attends a monthly staff meeting for all Bristol Brewing full-time employees.
- Updates knowledge through beer sensory training.
- Coordinate opportunities for sensory training for Pub Staff.
- Oversees daily operations of The Bristol Pub when acting as the manager-on-duty.
- Greets guests of Ivywild School graciously when they enter the building or the Pub.
- Collaborates with other Pub staff and Ivywild School staff to ensure the customer has the highest quality experience every time they visit the Bristol Pub.
- Assists in training and leadership of a team of front-line staff to include Beertenders, Servers, and Barbacks.
- Responsible for daily relationship building and training conversations with every Pub staff member during a management shift – communicating beer changes and specials, general building happenings, upcoming events, etc.
- Fulfillment of keg and bottled beer retail orders.
- Cuts staff according to the evolving business in the Pub, making informed decisions based on events within the building, competition for business (city events, sports schedules, holidays), and the chronological order that staff came on-shift, cutting the staff that have been there the longest when their section is most prepared for a changeover.
- Empowers staff to own their “real estate” – including wobbly tables, dirty tables, loose or missing chair foot covers – to offer the best guest experience.
- Provides excellent customer service to guests.
- Facilitates a smooth and inviting seating process for guests entering the Pub.
- Handle guest complaints according to provided guidelines.
- Oversees that all opening and closing duties of the Pub are completed timely and correctly and that cleanliness and regular maintenance schedules are upheld.
- Responsible for daily cash bags and the accurate operation of the POS system, communicating with the next opening shift lead/manager when more cash from the bank will be needed the next day.
- Updates and prints beer menu Fresh Sheets when beer availability changes. Communicates these changes to staff.
- Inspects the premises according to quality and sanitation standards and assist in cleaning as directed.
- Responsible for quality assurance of products leaving the Pub.
- Acts as a representation of the Bristol and Ivywild School brands, with attention and commitment to the Bristol Manifesto and Values of Bristol and Ivywild.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven Food and Beverage Management experience and knowledge of food and beverage trends and best practices.
- Passion for craft beer and the craft brewing culture with a curiosity to learn more.
- Inherent team mentality and family spirit, inclined to cooperate and offer support to team members.
- Understanding of and commitment to health and safety rules for a restaurant.
- Good physical endurance. Strength and dexterity in handling occasional keg pick-ups and maneuvering across the building. Ability to lift 75 lbs independently.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs used in restaurant management and POS. Arryved experience a plus.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills that promote authentic connections.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Guest-oriented and service-minded.
- Ability to coach, provide feedback, and manage substandard performance.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to be hands-on and not afraid to get your hands dirty (occasionally literally).
Compensation is between $36,000-54,000 per year, depending on experience.
Please email Kortney Reyes at email@example.com with your resume, availability and answers to the questions below. (Please don’t skip these!)
Why would you like to work for Bristol Brewing Co.?
What is your favorite beer and why?
What are you passionate about outside of work?