Barrel Aged Old No. 23
American-style Barley Wine Ale
An annual Bristol tradition, Old No. 23 revives an English farmhouse brewery practice of making a complex ale to set aside for special occasions. Our version, while painstaking and time-consuming to brew, rewards the connoisseur with an ale that has the depth and complexity of a good brandy or single malt scotch. Massive quantities of malt and hops, a long aging time and limited availability make this a special ale worthy of its reputation.
- Series: Specialty
- Specialty Malts: Munich, Caramel Malt, Chocolate, Special B
- Hops: Columbus, Cascade, Chinook
- IBUs: 22
- Accolades: Silver Medal at the 2010 Great American Beer Festiva
- Pairing: By the fire with someone you love.
- Availability: Winter |
- Packaging: Four-Packs Kegs