JOB TITLE: BOOKKEEPER
REPORTS TO: OWNER/OPERATIONS MANAGER
THIS IS AN HOURLY, FULL-TIME OR PART-TIME POSITION
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the coordination and administration of general business activities at Bristol.
- Compiling and classifying financial information, preparing entries to accounts and documenting business transactions.
- Responsible for the overall payroll function of Bristol and Ivywild Events.
- Prepare payroll and payroll tax reporting and payments.
- Maintain appropriate records to support all payroll transactions.
- Coordinate with Pub & Production teams for periodic inventory reconciliation.
- Administer Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Reporting and payment of sales, use, and excise taxes.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Assist in compiling financial data for various reporting as needed:
- Annual Workers Compensation payroll audit
- Annual Insurance audit
- Annual reporting for Restaurant Revitalization Fund requirements
- Other regulatory reporting as needed
- Internal budget and operational reporting as needed
- Facilitate on-boarding process of new hires.
- Process web based orders.
- Assist in ad hoc projects as necessary.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Basic data entry skills with close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, while knowing when to seek input and direction.
- Ability to be flexible in a busy department where schedules and priorities are often fluid.
- Strong communication skills and poise for interacting with a variety of audiences while representing Bristol accurately and responsibly.
- Passion for craft beer and the craft brewing culture with a curiosity to learn more.
- Inherent team mentality and family spirit, inclined to cooperate and offer support to team members.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Basic Accounting knowledge.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (or equivalent knowledge of Excel and Word).
- Knowledge of Xero, Ekos, & Arryved systems a plus.
- Knowledge of other systems if not familiar with Xero (ie. Quickbooks or equivalent).
- Associates degree or at least 1 year experience in bookkeeping/accounting.
Compensation is between $17-21 per hour, depending on experience.
Please email Kortney Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, availability and answers to the questions below. (Please don’t skip these!)
Why would you like to work for Bristol Brewing Co.?
What is your favorite beer and why?
What are you passionate about outside of work?