REPORTS TO: FACILITIES MANAGER
This is an hourly, full-time position with benefits.
BRISTOL BREWING COMPANY’S MANIFESTO:
We recognize that we are privileged to work in one of the most vibrant, stimulating, happy industries in the world. Yet we do more than work at a craft brewery. We make a difference in the lives of our fellow human beings:
- We mark milestones.
- We make celebrations more meaningful.
- We give people a reason to spend time together.
- We connect people through shared experiences.
- We host the fun-seekers, the celebrators, the curious, and the weary.
- We raise money for valuable causes to help make other people’s lives better.
- We enhance life.
- We make this happen, because we bring Bristol beer to life.
Your role and responsibilities will directly impact Bristol’s mission of Quality, Purity, and Sanity.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting in overall maintenance, mechanical operations, and upkeep of Bristol Brewing and Ivywild School. The Maintenance Technician also supports the Facilities Manager and Ownership in the maintenance and upkeep of Bristol Brewing Company’s brewhouse and packaging line, occasionally stepping into the operation of packaging line as needed.
- Complete routine and preventative maintenance including, but not limited to, upkeep of Pumps, Boiler, Draft lines, RTUs, condensers, filters, ice machines, and drains.
- Support the Facilities Manager and Ownership on a variety of maintenance projects as they arise
- Electrical – based on knowledge and experience
- Construction – based on knowledge and experience
- Plumbing – based on knowledge and experience
- Mechanical – based on knowledge and experience
- Welding – based on knowledge and experience
- Maintain service logs and inspection procedures of all assigned equipment.
- Support the Ivywild School General Manager in receiving and processing maintenance requests from businesses in the building, categorizing by priority and planning execution.
- Respond to emergency calls for maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Keep inventory of maintenance supplies and equipment, and report needs to the Facilities Manager and Ownership.
- When necessary, assists in maintaining grounds and outdoor areas, which includes mowing, power washing, as well as shoveling snow and ice as required.
- Assists with the filling of bottled beer on Bristol Brewing Co.’s packaging line and assists with the regular filling, cleaning, and storing of kegs and the kegging machine, according to the instruction of Bristol’s Production Line Supervisor, as needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in a production, manufacturing or maintenance environment required.
- Previous experience in brewing or beverage production is a plus.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and mechanical systems is a plus.
- Inherent team mentality and family spirit, inclined to cooperate and offer support to team members.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and other manuals and documents.
- Good physical endurance. Strength and dexterity in handling kegs and maneuvering across a warehouse. Ability to lift 75 lbs independently and maneuver 165 lb kegs.
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time; ability to bend, kneel, stoop, and lift or move heavy equipment.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Good judgement and independent decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail with good organizational and time management skills.
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Forklift certification preferred, but not required.
- Must have a valid Motor Vehicle license, have a valid Motor Vehicle Review at the time of interview and maintain a clean driving record throughout employment.
- Must maintain an insurable status on the company’s vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work weekends as needed.
Compensation is between $16-20 per hour, depending on experience.
If interested, please email Kortney Reyes with your resume, availability and the answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for Bristol Brewing Co?
- What is your favorite beer and why?
- Favorite hobby?