JOB TITLE: MARKETING COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF SALES & HOSPITALITY
THIS IS A FULL TIME, SALARY POSITION
This is a position requiring a unique combination of personality, expertise, and efficiency. The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Director of Sales & Hospitality and work closely with the Marketing Director to execute the cultivation and maintenance of the Bristol Brand and further the presence of Bristol Brewing on site, in the marketplace, and in the digital space through digital marketing, social media, merchandise program management, and event execution.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a hard worker with a high degree of professionalism who also enjoys some levity at the office. An appreciation for the benefits of a not-quite-corporate environment will go a long way—if paired with a tolerance for the challenges that go along with being small and often grass roots in nature.
- 45% – Marketing Coordination
- Facilitate execution of a wide variety of marketing projects in coordination with Marketing Director and external designer
- Keep WordPress websites current by updating beers, menus (Spark BBQ and Bristol Pub), events, etc.
- Creation of monthly newsletter for email subscribers
- Copywriting as needed
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers as needed
- Attend beer releases and other events to collect photography content for social media and other purposes
- Occasional errands for job completion (i.e. pickup of completed marketing jobs, merchandise)
- Attend monthly marketing meetings with external marketing firm
- Attend weekly sales/marketing meetings
- Attend monthly all-staff meetings
- Maintain a list of local/regional media editorial calendars and submit listings for Bristol events
- 35% – Social Media Management and Content Creation
- Near-daily posts to Bristol social media pages (primarily Instagram and Facebook, occasional content for TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube)
- Create unique content that positively contributes to Bristol Brand and conveys authentic personality of Bristol (i.e. Reels, posts, stories)
- Maintain and execute a social media posting schedule consistent with marketing goals
- Respond to direct messages and inquiries from followers
- Interact with postings from other local businesses
- Repost fan/customer stories and content
- 10% – Onsite Event Assistance and Execution
- Help with executing logistics of ~3-4 big onsite events per year in coordination with Director of Sales & Hospitality and other staff
- Work closely with Director of Sales & Hospitality to execute vision of our large onsite events
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers
- Coordinate registration and ticketing of events
- Attend meetings with Director of Sales & Marketing in weeks leading up to events
- 10% – Merchandise Management & Coordination
- Create new merch items with input from Director of Sales & Hospitality, and/or Marketing Director and Pub Manager
- Facilitate merch design with external designer
- Order merch as needed, per inventory reports from Director of Sales & Marketing and Pub Manager
- Maintain contact with various merchandise suppliers
- Management of online Shopify storefront including updating product photography and maintaining current product offerings
- Maintenance of Shopify online store inventory on a monthly basis
- Attend monthly merchandise meeting with Director of Sales & Hospitality and Pub Manager
- Track financial impact of merchandise program including budget, profit margins, growth, and more
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital Media, Communications, Business, or other related field
- Candidates with lesser degree plus equivalent experience will also be considered
- Demonstrated experience managing social media for a company/brand for 1+ years
- Passion/curiosity for craft beer and basic knowledge of craft beer industry
- Excellent communication skills – written, spoken, and visual
- Strong writing skills with close attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (or equivalent knowledge of Excel and Word)
- Experience in craft beer/alcohol industry a PLUS
- Graphic design skills a PLUS
- Familiarity with programs such as WordPress, Shopify, and MailChimp a PLUS
Compensation is $40,000 to $50,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
Please email Kortney Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, availability and answers to the questions below. (Please don’t skip these!)
Why would you like to work for Bristol Brewing Co.?
What is your favorite beer and why?
What are you passionate about outside of work?