Bristol Pub Shift Lead
REPORTS TO: BRISTOL PUB MANAGER
This is an hourly, part time position.
BRISTOL BREWING COMPANY’S MANIFESTO:
We recognize that we are privileged to work in one of the most vibrant, stimulating, happy industries in the world. Yet we do more than work at a craft brewery. We make a difference in the lives of our fellow human beings:
- We mark milestones.
- We make celebrations more meaningful.
- We give people a reason to spend time together.
- We connect people through shared experiences.
- We host the fun-seekers, the celebrators, the curious, and the weary.
- We raise money for valuable causes to help make other people’s lives better.
- We enhance life.
- We make this happen, because we bring Bristol beer to life.
Your role and responsibilities will directly impact Bristol’s mission of Quality, Purity, and Sanity.
Through your responsibilities overseeing the staff and daily operations of the Bristol Pub, you will build a quality guest experience through authentic hospitality in the Bristol Pub. Your passion for craft beer and personal service will enrich our guests’ connection with our brewery. Through a united effort across the Ivywild School, your role contributes to a delightful atmosphere for teammates and customers alike.
- Greets guests of Ivywild School graciously when they enter the building or the Pub.
- Collaborates with other Pub staff and Ivywild School staff to ensure the customer has the highest quality experience every time they visit the Bristol Pub.
- Assists in training and leadership of a team of front-line staff to include Beertenders, Servers, Food Runners, Hosts and Barbacks.
- Responsible for daily relationship building and training conversations with every Pub staff member during a management shift – communicating beer and food menu changes and specials, general building happenings, upcoming events, etc.
- Provide assistance to the Bristol Dry Goods Store as needed, to include fulfillment of keg and bottled beer retail orders.
- Cuts staff according to the evolving business in the Pub, making informed decisions based on events within the building, competition for business (city events, sports schedules, holidays), and the chronological order that staff came on-shift, cutting the staff that have been there the longest when their section is most prepared for a changeover.
- Empowers staff to own their “real estate” – including wobbly tables, dirty tables, loose or missing chair foot covers – to offer the best guest experience.
- Provides excellent customer service to guests.
- Facilitates a smooth and inviting seating process for guests entering the Pub.
- Stays informed and communicates details about general happenings, beer releases, and special events to guests.
- Handles guest complaints according to provided guidelines.
- Oversees that all opening and closing duties of the Pub are completed timely and correctly and that cleanliness and regular maintenance schedules are upheld.
- Responsible for daily cash bags and the accurate operation of the POS system, communicating with the next opening shift lead/manager when more cash from the bank will be needed the next day.
- When opening, sets the Pub floor chart in sections and updates it throughout the day as staff changes over.
- Updates and prints beer menu Fresh Sheets when beer availability changes. Communicates these changes to staff.
- Inspects the premises according to quality and sanitation standards and assist in cleaning as directed.
- Responsible for quality assurance of products leaving the Pub.
- Updates knowledge through beer sensory training and through open communication with the Bristol Pub Manager.
- Acts as a representation of the Bristol and Ivywild School brands, with attention and commitment to the Bristol Manifesto and Values of Bristol and Ivywild.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven Food and Beverage Management experience and knowledge of food and beverage trends and best practices.
- Passion for craft beer and the craft brewing culture with a curiosity to learn more.
- Inherent team mentality and family spirit, inclined to cooperate and offer support to team members.
- Understanding of and commitment to health and safety rules for a restaurant.
- Good physical endurance. Strength and dexterity in handling occasional keg pick-ups and maneuvering across the building. Ability to lift 75 lbs independently.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs used in restaurant management and POS.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills that promote authentic connections.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Guest-oriented and service-minded.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Willingness to be hands-on and not afraid to get your hands dirty (occasionally literally).
- Must be able to pass background check.
If interested, please email Stephanie Antillon with your resume, availability and answers to the following questions:
- Tell us a little about yourself (hobbies, activities, why you love Colorado) and why you would like to work for Bristol Brewing Company,
- If you are familiar, what parts of the Bristol brand or culture resonate the most with you, personally?
- Assuming we’ve never had it before, tell us about your favorite beer to drink.
- Thinking of your favorite brewpub, what is one thing you notice that they do well, and what is one thing they could do to improve?
- What is your personal mission statement?
- How do you balance work stress?
- Tell us about a time where you had to ask for help
- How do you build and maintain the trust of your coworkers or team?
- Share an experience when you believed your manager was wrong, and how did you address it?
- What do you hope to bring to the team at The Bristol Pub?
- How do you hope to grow as part of the Bristol team?