Brand Manager–Outside Sales
JOB TITLE: BRAND MANAGER–OUTSIDE SALES
REPORTS TO: SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
THIS IS A SALARY, FULL TIME POSITION WITH BENEFITS
This is a sales position that demands a great deal of personality, passion, and dedication. The Brand Manager works under the mentorship and supervision of the Sales and Marketing Manager.
The ideal candidate for this position will be curious with a high degree of professionalism who also enjoys integrating the authenticity of our brand in their daily work. An appreciation for the benefits of a not-quite-corporate environment will go a long way—if paired with a tolerance for the challenges that go along with being small and often grassroots in nature.
SALES JOB DUTIES:
- Distribution Partner Support
- Supports the sales and marketing team’s partnership strategy with distributors, evaluating and responding to challenges and opportunities.
- Engages with distribution partners to continue developing ways to support these partnerships and sales in the outside market.
- Supports distribution partners’ sales reps within shared territory through collaborative communication.
- Supports effort in growing distribution relationships with large corporate grocery store accounts.
- Documents and reports on efforts and tactics used in executing the strategic plan.
- Account Relationship Development
- Cultivates sales relationships within an assigned territory to build the Bristol brand in collaboration with distribution partners (i.e. selling specialty beers that distributors are not capable of featuring).
- Executes monthly promotional events in support of sales accounts within personal territory, in collaboration with Sales and Marketing Manager and other Brand Managers.
- Coordinates the creation of marketing materials for sales accounts through distributor-specific avenues, providing support to the marketing team where needed to ensure project deadlines are met on time.
- Active listening is the key to successful sales presentations. Understanding your goals can only be achieved by listening to account needs and filling those needs.
- Financials and Planning
- Supports the Sales and Marketing Manager in developing objectives and methods for measuring success or achievement in alignment with annual plans and larger company-wide initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Sales and Marketing Manager on annual projections for production and distribution of all Bristol products.
- Works with the sales and marketing team to create an annual strategic plan.
- Participates in quarterly review of annual strategic plan, defining successes and need for adaptation.
- Collaborates with Sales and Marketing Manager on defining and maintaining an individual budget for promotional events.
- Attends a monthly staff meeting for all Bristol Brewing full-time employees.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- College degree a plus, but not required, preferably in Business Administration/Marketing or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of sales-related experience required.
- Strong relationship-building skills and a high level of patience.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills and poise for interacting with a variety of audiences while representing Bristol accurately and responsibly.
- Must be detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills.
- Basic but strong writing skills with close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, while knowing when to seek input and direction.
- Ability to be flexible in a busy department where schedules and priorities are often fluid.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities on parallel timelines. Capacity to meet deadlines and help other departments do the same on shared projects.
- Creativity and the ability to bring fresh ideas to the table.
- Passion for craft beer and the craft brewing culture with a curiosity to learn more.
- Curiosity, patience, and willingness to ask “why?” to gain a more holistic understanding of the Bristol brand.
- Willingness to be hands-on and not afraid to get your hands dirty (occasionally literally).
- Valid driver’s license and consistent access to an automobile.
Compensation is between $38,400-57,600 per year, depending on experience.
Please email Kortney Reyes at email@example.com with your resume, availability and answers to the questions below. (Please don’t skip these!)
Why would you like to work for Bristol Brewing Co.?
What is your favorite beer and why?
What are you passionate about outside of work?