Bristol Pub Brand Ambassador
REPORTS TO: BRISTOL PUB MANAGER
This is an hourly, part time position.
You will build a quality guest experience through authentic hospitality across a variety of roles in the Bristol Pub. Your passion for craft beer and personal service will enrich our guests’ connection with our brewery. Through a united effort across the Ivywild School, your role contributes to a delightful atmosphere for teammates and customers alike.
- Greets guests of Ivywild School graciously when they enter the building or the Pub.
- Collaborates with other Pub staff and Ivywild School staff to ensure the customer has the highest quality experience every time they visit the Bristol Pub.
- Facilitates a smooth and inviting seating process for guests entering the Pub.
- Communicates beer knowledge about Bristol beer stories, beer styles, and ingredients to guests.
- Ensures guests are of legal drinking age when taking alcohol orders by checking IDs, to include tasters.
- Issues accurate bills and accept payments, to include proper cash handling.
- Relays concerns from customers to the on-duty Pub Manager to preserve the Ivywild School’s reputation.
- Follows direction of Pub Shift Lead to meet the daily needs of the floor.
- Completes opening and closing side work based on daily needs.
- Stays informed and communicates details about general happenings, beer releases, and special events to guests.
- Inspects the premises according to quality and sanitation standards and assist in cleaning as directed.
- Acts as a representation of the Bristol and Ivywild School brands, with attention and commitment to the Bristol Manifesto and Values of Bristol and Ivywild.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in a restaurant or tasting room environment is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Passion for craft beer and the craft brewing culture with a curiosity to learn more.
- Inherent team mentality and family spirit, inclined to cooperate and offer support to team members.
- Understanding of and commitment to health and safety rules.
- Good physical endurance. Dexterity in handling guests’ drink orders.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills that promote authentic connections.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Willingness to be hands-on and not afraid to get your hands dirty (occasionally literally).
- Must be able to pass background check.
If interested, please email Kortney Reyes with your resume, availability and answers to the following questions:
- Tell us a little about yourself and why you would like to work for Bristol Brewing Company.
- What parts of the Bristol brand or culture resonate the most with you, personally?
- Tell us about your favorite beer to drink?
- If you’ve been to The Bristol Pub before, what are some ideas you have of how to positively alter the experience you had?
- What keeps you engaged day-to-day?
- How do you balance work stress?
- Tell me about a time where you were able to offer a unique and authentic experience to a customer in your current or past work.
- Share an experience when you believed your manager was wrong, and how did you address it?
- What do you hope to bring to the team at The Bristol Pub?
- How do you hope to grow as part of the Bristol team?