Bristol Pub Brand Ambassador
JOB TITLE: PUB BRAND AMBASSADOR
REPORTS TO: PUB MANAGER
THIS IS AN HOURLY, PART TIME POSITION
You will build a quality guest experience through authentic hospitality across a variety of roles in the Bristol Pub. Your passion for craft beer and personal service will enrich our guests’ connection with our brewery. Through a united effort across the Ivywild School, your role contributes to a delightful atmosphere for teammates and customers alike.
- Greets guests of Ivywild School graciously when they enter the building or the Pub.
- Collaborates with other Pub staff and Ivywild School staff to ensure the customer has the highest quality experience every time they visit the Bristol Pub.
- Facilitates a smooth and inviting seating process for guests entering the Pub.
- Communicates beer knowledge about Bristol beer stories, beer styles, and ingredients to guests.
- Ensures guests are of legal drinking age when taking alcohol orders by checking IDs, to include tasters.
- Issues accurate bills and accept payments, to include proper cash handling.
- Relays concerns from customers to the on-duty Pub Manager to preserve the Ivywild School’s reputation.
- Follows direction of Pub Shift Lead to meet the daily needs of the floor.
- Completes opening and closing side work based on daily needs.
- Takes ownership of caring for Pub “real estate” – including wobbly tables, dirty tables, loose or missing chair foot covers – to offer the best guest experience.
- Stays informed and communicates details about general happenings, beer releases, and special events to guests.
- Inspects the premises according to quality and sanitation standards and assists in cleaning as directed.
- Updates knowledge through beer sensory training.
- Acts as a representation of the Bristol and Ivywild School brands, with attention and commitment to the Bristol Manifesto and Values of Bristol and Ivywild.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in a restaurant environment is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Passion for craft beer and the craft brewing culture with a curiosity to learn more.
- Inherent team mentality and family spirit, inclined to cooperate and offer support to team members.
- Understanding of and commitment to health and safety rules for a restaurant.
- Good physical endurance. Dexterity in handling guests’ plates and maneuvering across the building.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills that promote authentic connections.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Willingness to be hands-on and not afraid to get your hands dirty (occasionally literally).
Compensation is $9.54 per hour plus tip share.
Please email Kortney Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, availability and answers to the questions below. (Please don’t skip these!)
Why would you like to work for Bristol Brewing Co.?
What is your favorite beer and why?
What are you passionate about outside of work?